At the completion of your intervention, you will produce a 5–8 minute video discussion script of your care coordination intervention for a peer-reviewed media platform.
As an advanced practice health care provider, it’s likely that you will be asked to give a presentation at some point in your career. Now that you have completed this project, it’s time to disseminate the outcomes in the form of a recorded professional presentation. A professional presentation style requires the confidence and ability to convey the right image that you want your audience to see. Unfortunately, it’s easy to miss some of the opportunities available to help you present yourself in the best possible light and, as a result, enjoy the success you deserve. Remember to be forthright about what happened during the project and about how data were collected and analyzed, and present the findings so stakeholders and external parties clearly understand the steps in the process. By completing this final activity, you can help others recreate this type of project and enhance outcomes in other patient care settings.
In Assessment 3, you will build on the work you completed in Assessments 1 and 2.
This assessment requires you to prepare a 5–8 minute video discussion script of your care coordination intervention. Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact DisabilityServices@Capella.edu to request accommodations. If you are unable to record a video, please contact your faculty member as soon as possible to explore options for completing the assessment.
You have completed the intervention and achieved enhanced outcomes. Now you need to disseminate your findings and provide recommendations to sustain the results of your intervention. You have been asked by nursing leadership to produce a scholarly video for a peer-reviewed media platform. The video will include 5–8 minutes of scholarly discussion covering the topics listed below.
The numbered assignment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Disseminating the Evidence Scholarly Video Media Submission Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Analyze care coordination efforts related to clinical priorities based on a PICOT question.
- Provide the PICOT question and a brief introduction of the issues.
- Describe the change in practice related to services and resources that will be available for the interprofessional care coordination team.
- Describe the key care coordination efforts.
- Explain efforts to build stakeholder engagement within the interprofessional team.
- How did you lead the change in practice?
- Summarize how you encouraged and built stakeholder engagement.
- Recommend next steps that that support thoughtful resource utilization and a safe environment in care coordination.
- Propose how you will sustain the current outcomes with the coordinated care interprofessional team.
- Make recommendations on moving forward that support thoughtful resource utilization and a safe environment.
- Produce a video that provides insight, understanding, and reflective thought about care coordination.
- Communicate audibly and professionally, using proper grammar and including a reference list formatted in current APA style.
- Important Note: but do address each scoring guide criterion in the video, including a discussion of authors in the literature who support the ideas presented. Please submit a separate APA-formatted reference list for the resources discussed in your reflection.
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- APA guidelines: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.