One way informatics can be especially valuable is in capturing data to inspire improvements and quality change in practice. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) collects data related to adverse events and safety concerns. If you are working within a practice setting to implement a new electronic health record (EHR) system, this is just one of the many considerations your team would need to plan for during the rollout process.
In a paper of 1,250-1,500 words, address the following questions related to the advanced registered nurse’s role during this type of scenario:
- What key information would be needed in the database that would allow you to track opportunities for care improvement?
- What role does informatics play in the ability to capture this data?
- Which systems and staff members would need to be involved in the design and implementation process and team?
- What professional, ethical, and regulatory standards must be incorporated into the design and implementation of the system?
- How would the EHR team ensure that all order sets are part of the new record?
- How would you communicate the changes, including any kind of transition plan?
- What measures and steps would you take to evaluate the success of the EHR implementation from a staff, setting, and patient perspective?
- What leadership skills and theories would facilitate collaboration with the interprofessional team and provide evidence-based, patient-centered care?
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.3: Develop leadership skills to collaborate on interprofessional teams in the provision of evidence-based, patient-centered care.
5.2: Apply professional, ethical, and regulatory standards of practice in the provision of safe, effective health care.