The Book Report
· You are to write a 7-10 page, research-based report on Zora Neale Hurston’s Their Eyes Were Watching God.
· It must be double-spaced and in MLA format. As always, Microsoft Word documents are not accepted. ALL WORK MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT.
· Please begin with a brief biographical discussion of the author (one page).
· Summarize the book briefly, but focus on your interpretation and analysis.
· You should focus on themes, setting and literary devices (such as symbolism, foreshadowing, historical context, language, race, etc).
· Also, please cite any examples of the African Oral Tradition found within the book.
· A major component of the report should be the documentation of previous reviews and/or critiques of the book. Specifically, you should refer to at least 3 published reviews. That is, what has been written of it? Do you agree or disagree with your findings? Why? If not, why do you take exception with what others said?
· At least FOUR sources are required, ONE OF WHICH MUST BE THE ACTUAL BOOK, THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD.