Please answer the following questions based on what we discussed in class, with each answer no more than 250 words. 20 marks for each question. Due Mar. 15th noon on CCLE.
- What does “world order” mean? What are the implications of China’s rise to the current “world order?”
- To what degree do we say Open and Reform in the late 1970s is a turning point for China?
- What are some of the general characteristics of Mao’s revolution? How do they help us make sense of the political movements in the post-49 Maoist regime?
- In what sense is Nixon’s visit to China in 1972 considered ice-breaking?
- Please discuss some recent developments in Chinese media in regards to China’s soft-power building.