For this week’s discussion, please respond to the following:
- Develop an elevator pitch for your NAB business using the tips provided below. Use quotation marks for the elevator speech.
- Provide a rationale for components of your pitch.
Watch the following Lynda.com videos from the video series Giving Your Elevator Pitch with Todd Dewett (use your student login for Lynda.com if prompted):
- Benefits to an Elevator Pitch (2:01)
- Making an Initial Connection (2:43)
- Structuring your Pitch (3:57)
Review this article, ” The 3-Part Elevator Pitch Formula You Need to Know” by Robert Bly, about the 3 steps to include in your elevator pitch.
Please consider the following as you prepare your speech:
- The tone of your speech should be upbeat and confident, but not arrogant
- Make sure you use positive and compelling words
- The speech should be short in duration (about 30 seconds)
Week 9 “video response” challenge: Making a video response will give you excellent practice for doing a “live” elevator speech someday! If you’d like, you may submit your elevator speech as a video and include it as your response. Please make sure that you post a viable video file or include a functional link to the video.