The first thing you need to do in this paper is to find out a recent (within one year of the due date of this paper) macroeconomics article. Please use ONLY the following sources to find an article. Please ask college library to get free access to any of these websites.
- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- CNN Money
- The Economist
- Any state government website articles
- Any leading news papers of any country
Note: Do not select the blogs. Also, make sure it is a microeconomics topic. If you are not sure please ask me in advance. As soon as you like an article, print that out or save as PDF on your computer as the online view might not be available later on.
· State level analysis (example: New York State Minimum Wage)
· City level analysis (Example: Housing Market Situation in NYC)
· One company (Example: Apple, Amazon, Google etc.)
· Any particular industry (Example: Oil industry, clothing industry etc.)
Start making a rough draft. The paper should be divided into five pages:
· Page 1: Cover Page: Here you will have your name, professor’s name, class, and course and project name.
· Page 2, Page 3 and Page 4: Only written content where you will explain the article in your own words with the help of the concepts you learned in this course and analyze it.
· Page 5: References
· Page 6: It is optional where you can have graphs, tables, etc. Do not have graphs or tables on other pages.
The number of pages including cover page, references, and the optional page should be minimum 5 pages and maximum 6 pages. Page numbers 2, 3 and 4 should be divided into five paragraphs (no less, no more). The word limit of your content should be approx.950 words.
Page numbers 2, 3 and 4 should be divided into five paragraphs (no less, no more). Below are the details for these paragraphs:
· First Paragraph: This would be giving a brief idea, topic, issue of the article you have chosen and three main points you would like to discuss in the following paragraphs. For example, your article is about Thanks Giving Sale then you may have three points such as: Impact on sale, Job growth, Welfare of the market.
· Second Paragraph: This would discuss one of the main points you mentioned in the first paragraph. Continuing our example from the first paragraph, it would be impact on sale.
· Third Paragraph: This would discuss second of the main point you mentioned in the first paragraph. Continuing our example from the first paragraph, it would job growth.
· Fourth Paragraph: This would discuss one of the main point you mentioned in the first paragraph. Continuing our example from the first paragraph, it would be welfare of the market.
· Fifth Paragraph: Conclusion
Note: Please do not use my example for your paper. Just because I have used thanksgiving sales topic in my example does not mean that you need to do your paper on this topic. It can be on any microeconomics topic you have learned in this course. The more unique your work is the better it is. Also please do not provide your opinion. Just explain what the author has written in their article in your own words and using the terms, concepts, models and principles learned in this course. Always stick with the article issue and topic throughout your paper.
Important things your paper MUST include:
· You should apply a minimum of ten concepts you learned throughout this course and one economics principle learned in chapter 1 throughout your content.
· There must be some data analysis. If there is no data in your article, you can create a hypothetical example that has numbers in it.
· Write in your own words. Limit your quotes to a very minimal one. Check the similarity report upon submitting. If it is high (higher than 30%) then rewrite the portion that is similar and resubmit. You can submit as many times as you want until the due date.
· You can use other external sources but make sure to provide references in the end. Do not use more than three sources.
Required Textbook: Principles of Microeconomics, By Gregory Mankiw, 9th edition, Cengage Learning