GB540M4: Integrate concepts of regional, national, and global economic behavior with macroeconomic theory.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
For this Assessment, you may use a Fortune 500 Company that you have already researched. The focus here is on both domestic (American) and global operations. The Assignment incorporates how the firm functions in different parts of the world and what it can do to maximize its effectiveness as a global organization.
Begin by reviewing the following websites as resources for your Assessment:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). (2017). Economic indicators. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/std/oecdmaineconomicindicatorsmei.htm
- S. Department of Commerce. (n.d.). Key economic indicators. Retrieved from https://www.commerce.gov/economicindicators
- S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (n.d.). Major economic indicators. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/bls/newsrels.htm
Select 6–10 macroeconomic indicators that are of particular relevance to your firm and explain how they affect the performance of the company. You need to include the data of the key indicators in the form of tables and/or graphs.
Outline strategies on how the firm should respond to the changes in the economic indicators with the goal of maximizing revenues in the years ahead.
- How have they done in the past?
- What is their current state?
- What kinds of plans and possibilities do they have for the future?
- Is there room for improving what they do?
- Should new ventures be added or old ones subtracted?
Then, discuss the firm’s global operations, and their influences on the regional and national levels. You also need to assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in operating (managing) a company in a global environment.
As you can see, the field is wide open for you to construct your paper in the most relevant way you see fit.
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 5-page) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Your Assessment should have a coversheet with the following information: Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number and Section Number, and Date
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.