1. Describe the proper positioning and preparation of the patient for the abdominal examination.
2. Discuss inspection of the abdomen, including findings that you should note.
3. State the rationale for preforming auscultation of the abdomen before palpation or percussion.
4. Describe the procedure for auscultation of the bowel sounds.
5. Differentiate the following abdominal sounds: normal, hyperactive, and hypoactive bowel sounds: succession splash, bruit.
6. List 4 conditions that may alter normal percussion notes heard over the abdomen.
7. Name the organs that are normally palpable in the abdomen.
Reply answering the questions above using APA format.
Search entries or author