“A Raisin in the Sun” play.
Remember, your journal responses need to be at least 250-word reactions to the pieces you’ve read. Please select one prompt in the question below.
- What do I think of this text and why?
- List the emotions (anger, pity, envy, admiration, astonishment, etc.) the work evoked. Then draw conclusions about the reasons you think you felt these emotions.
- Copy one sentence, one line, or one phrase that struck you as especially beautiful, puzzling, enlightening, and so on. Then interpret how and why the sentence, line, or phrase evoked this response.
- You can write a letter to the author asking questions or making observations about the reading.
- Draw conclusions about why you could or could not detect a particular character or situation in the reading.
- Reread the work and interpret how your impression of the reading changed from your initial reading of the piece.