1. On a patient who had a transfemoral amputation of the right leg. What would be the preferred post-operative position and why?
2. What are fontanelles? What would you expect to see in a newborn’s, and in a 6-month old infant’s head upon examination? What would you expect to see when they are dehydrated?
3. What is scombroid poisoning? How is this treated?
4. What is nonmelanoma skin cancer? What is the mechanism of action for ultraviolet radiation to cause nonmelanoma?
5. What are the signs, symptoms and lab results you would see for hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism? What is myxedema? What are the signs and symptoms of myxedema?