Introduction and Alignment
The PMHNP must be knowledgeable about substances of abuse, including signs and symptoms of abuse, intoxication and withdrawal, and appropriate treatment options.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Describe the neuropharmacology of substances of abuse
- Discuss assessment and treatment of substance use disorders
- Textbook: Sadock, B., Sadock, V.A.,& Ruiz, P.(2015) – Chapter 20
- Textbook: American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Website: https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/files/ClinicalOpiateWithdrawalScale.pdf
- Website: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/johns_hopkins_healthcare/downloads/cage%20substance%20screening%20tool.pdf
- Choose a substance of abuse and briefly describe the neuropharmacology of the substance.
- Write a 3-5 page paper describing clinical and psychological symptoms that clients may experience as a result of using the substance
- Provide examples of withdrawal presentation for the identified substance.
- Explain current treatment options.
- Use APA formatting throughout the paper, citations/references should be included
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.
Question answered comprehensively
- Neuropharmacology of substance (10)
- Clinical and psychological symptoms (10)
- Examples of a withdrawal presentation (10)
- Current treatment options (10)
Paper APA formatted, references and citations in correct APA format
Writing style/punctuation/grammar, the minimum length of 3 pages