- Examine the role of sin and the role of grace in The Scarlet Letter.
- Hester Prynne: when women break cultural bonds and gain personal power.
- Hypocrisy and conformity in The Scarlet Letter.
- The role of Pearl in Hester’s transformation.
- An exploration of the relationship between Hester’s Identity and the letter in The Scarlet Letter.
- The differences between Hester and Dimmesdale.
Your research paper should be between 1,200 and 1,500 words. It should include correctly formatted quotes, in-text citations, and a works cited page. Your sources (other than the text itself–you should have 3–should come from AVL (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. If you cannot access AVL, contact me as soon as possible. If you are rusty on essay form, or if you are unfamiliar with MLA format, use Purdue Owl (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.to refresh your memory. Remember you have access to Smarthinking (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for free if you want feedback on a draft. You can also message me if you have questions.
Formal, edited, appropriate language.
(at least) 80% your own writing
Appropriate, scholarly, reliable sources (AVL or other library database)
Appropriate in-text citations, works cited page.