THE RESEARCH ESSAY
This is not an essay where you gather information and just put it in a paper. This essay is a semester-long project that asks you to deeply delve into a topic, interpret the evidence (your research), and reach a conclusion about it. In other words, you are answering your research question in the essay.
DUE DATE: Friday, 07/24 ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS- turn in whatever you have by 11:59pm.
Length: Minimum 3000 words of your own writing (a range of 2800 to 3100 words is acceptable).
PAPERS UNDER 2700 WORDS WILL NOT RECEIVE A PASSING GRADE!!
- The word count does not include the Reference List.
- The word count does not include block quotes. If you must use a large block quote or a number of them, be sure to adequately summarize and synthesize the material so that your paper is your voice – not someone else’s. If you are unsure, see me for guidance.
- References/Sources: At least 10 sources – 8 of those sources must be scholarly peer-reviewed sources (articles or scholarly books); the others can be reliable/credible sources (see Annotated Bibliography assignment prompt and/or discuss with me if you are unsure). We will discuss the use of sources as we move forward through the writing process.
- Images/Graphs/Tables (optional): If you want to include a figure, table, or image, I will give you feedback.
- Double-spaced pages, 12 pt font (Times New Roman), 1 inch margins