Data Collection and Analysis
Instructions: Carefully read, summarize, and appraise your group’s assigned article.
As you provide input to your peers, be sure to state a rationale for your claims.
- Identify and discuss the following:
- dependent variable(s) and the instrument(s) used to measure them.
- how the data for the dependent variable(s) were collected.
- the intervention and procedures for delivering it.
- the key results for the study, including any p-values, reported.
- the conclusions the researchers drew.
- Appraise and debate the quality of the data collection methods and determine whether the conclusions of the study were supported by the statistical results. Consider the following questions:
- Were the measurement instruments reliable and valid? Why or why not?
- Was treatment fidelity for the intervention ensured? Why or why not?
- Were the conclusions of the study were supported by the statistical results, as indicated by the variable values and the p-values if reported?