Throughout the course, you have been participating in discussions and conceptualizing case studies based on specific therapeutic modalities. You will analyze the Floyd Family Case Study and create a therapeutic treatment plan for the family as a unit. You are free to use any of the therapeutic modalities discussed in this course, as long as you can establish an evidence-based practice!
This is an opportunity to show your skills and understanding of best practices in psychotherapy.
– Read the attached article Intimate Partner Violence (PDF)
– Watch the TED Talk Why Domestic Violence Victims Don’t Leave, see link https://www.ted.com/talks/leslie_morgan_steiner_why_domestic_violence_victims_don_t_leave?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare
– Explore TheHotline to read about domestic violence. Link: https://www.thehotline.org/identify-abuse/understand-relationship-abuse/
– Read the Floyd Family Case Study (see attached Word) and answer the questions included in the document.
– Use the Family Therapy Treatment Modalities Handout (Attached PDF) to develop a Treatment Plan for this family as if they were all coming to your office for treatment together.
Course textbook: Corey, G. (2016). Theory and practice of counseling and psychotherapy (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage. ISBN: 9781305263727
The paper submission should be in APA format. Minimum 4 pages.
Free of plagiarism (TURNITIN assignment)
Background: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse, and I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.